Monday, March 3, 2008

Working-At-Home...Pros and Cons

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just like every single thing we do, there are pros and cons in working at home. I have been doing it for the last 6 years, more or less, so I know quite a bit about the disadvantages and advantages of doing it.

I believe though that these advantages and/or disadvantages are relative. What I consider an advantage can be a disadvantage to others. So let's just say these are the ones that apply to me.

Let's start with the advantages.

---> I get to see every little thing that happens to my little girl.
---> I don't have a boss...well, I do but I don't see them face to face.
---> I don't have to follow a strict schedule like an 8-5 job.
---> I save in gas, clothes, make-up etc.
---> I can take a break anytime I want.
---> I work in the comfort of my own home.

Now for the disadvantages.

---> My social life is virtually non-existent.
---> I tend to procrastinate more now because I know I have time...kinda'
---> I stay online more than necessary.
---> I have no desire to learn how to drive.
---> The money is not always desirable. Work is sporadic this is why.
---> Work discipline is not really there.

These are the major ones for me, I think. I listed 6 of each not on purpose but in reality, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. If given this chance again, I would grab it anytime if it means I get to stay with my little at home.

Like I said they may apply to me but not to you. I know I am forgetting some things but I'd reserve them for next time.

If you are interested to see what kind of WAHJs I have had already, just visit my Pinay Wahm blog. I made an entry not too long ago.

No comments: