Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Typical Day of a Work-at-Home Mom...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought I'd blog about this as early as now. I'm not doing anything at the moment anyway. It's one of those days...slow days, work wise. One of the downsides of being a work-at-home Mom like me.

So what's a typical day for me? Everyday, I make it a point to wake up to see my husband off to work. He's a morning person and he has his own small business so he somehow owns his time. It's not always a good thing though because he can work as much as 18 hours a day and his pay will be the same. Anyway, back to the topic. He normally leaves around 5 AM - give or take. So I'd wake up then to see him off. Then back to bed I go...LOL. My 'real' day starts when I wake up from my second 'round of sleep'.

Between 7 -8 AM - wake up
Between 8-9 AM - breakfast with the little one, checking emails, blogs, work if there's any
Between 9-10 AM - Clean-up
Between 10 - 12 Noon - work for me if there's any, school work for the little one.
Lunch time is usually between 12 - 2
Between 2-4 - Work, little one's TV time
Between 4-5 - Wrapping up with whatever I have hanging, more school work for the little one
Around 5-6 - Dinner preparation
Between 6 - 8 - Dinner, Clean-up
Between 8-9:30 - Little one's bedtime routines
Between 10 -12MN - More work if there is any
Around 12 MN [11:30ish] should be bedtime for me or else my allergy will be at its worst.

Next day - Repeat...the routine!

The good thing is the schedule is not strict. I can have a day doing nothing just because I am lazy or not feeling well or the little one is not feeling well. We rarely get sick so the day-off is usually a result of the former - LAZYNESS!

There you have it. That's a typical day for me. I'm sure other work-at-home Moms have their own schedule as well. I try to keep a schedule [in my mind] so as to have some kind of a direction.

No comments: