Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spring Forward....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So today is the day!! The day for what??? The day to adjust your clocks 1 hour onward, forward, or whatever you want to call it. This 'spring forward does not only happen here in the US. A lot of other countries also do it.

So why do some countries and some other states do this? I mean adjust their clocks on the second Sunday of March and then again on the second Sunday of November. There is a long explanation on this one and I won't even dare explain it. If you want to read extensively on this DST or Daylight Savings Time, I found this website with explanation and it's called 'About Daylight Saving Time'. Very imaginative title, don't you think?

For someone like me who works at home, there is really no difference except when one of the jobs I do actually requires me to log on to the server at a specific time. But that only happens like 2 months a year for a few weeks. Majority of the time, there is really no need to do that.

The only effect this has on me is it somehow messes my body rhythm. Like right now. I don't feel like it's really 2 o'clock . But this will only last for a day or so. At least I don't have to wake up and go to bed at specific time. That's another advantage of working at home. Ha!

No comments: