Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sick Leave for a Working-at-home Mom???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what happens when a WAHM like me is a bit under the weather??? Take a break and just rest...the whole day...without worrying about missing a day at work.

Today I have not been feeling well. I think I caught the sniffles that my little one started having about a week ago [Thursday of last week to be exact]. I have allergies so to her and my husband, there is really no difference. I sneeze and blow my nose everyday anyway. But to me it's obvious when I have it.

Anyway, this is one of the advantages I have as a work-at-home Mom. Whenever I am not feeling well, I can just sit back and relax. Well, kinda'. You don't really sit back and relax when you have a kid, do you? The same goes true if my little one is not feeling well, I don't have to worry about asking a boss for a day off to take care of her.

I am an Independent Contractor, which means in most of my work I don't get paid if I don't work. But I have some gigs where I am given a deadline and I get paid as long as I make the deadline. Anyway, I'd rather be resting comfortably at home rather than going to work and possibly spreading what I have to more people.

I am logging off now to rest a bit more. I have to start making dinner in a few.

No comments: