Saturday, March 8, 2008

Google Page Rank

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since my last entry is about 'blogging' as a possible WAHJ' [work-at-home job], I thought I'd elaborate more on this so-called Page Rank which is being given by Google.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, I really have no idea how the Page Rank is achieved. What I write here is just what I observe and my own take on the issue.

My 2 other blogs both had a PR of 3 at one point. My own domain used to be a blogspot like this one. It was only about a month old when it was given a PR3 by Google. A couple months ago, I decided to convert it to my own domain because advertisers seem to exclude blogspot from their list of allowed domains. I was advised that its PR would go away as soon as I convert it to my domain. It did and it's still a PR0.

Admittedly, I work more on my Pinay WAHM blog than in my other blogs. I only update my Teacher's Corner occasionally. So I was surprised when I found out that it was given a PR3. Cool. So I started working on that blog more. Guess what...as soon as worked on that blog daily the PR tanked. It's now a PR0 for about month.

So now both my blogs are PR0. I still get some opportunities but not as much as I used to get when one of my blogs had a PR. I'm fine with that until last week.

While I was doing some bloghopping, I noticed that other blogs that used to be PR0 are getting PR 3. Cool. So I tried my blog's PR...nope, both still have a PR0. For kicks, I checked the PR of my old blogspot account...the one that I converted into my own domain. Here's what I saw:

Page Rank Checker

Yes, that one has a Page Rank of 4!!! Why? I have no idea. I'm sure it's not backlinks because all those are on the new domain. The entries are also mostly under the new domain. The only reason I can think of as to why this old blog has a very high PR is because....because...because...nothing!

No comments: