Thursday, March 6, 2008

Jobs that Can be Done at Home Part II...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since I am not doing anything yet and while I'm waiting for my little one to tell me what she wants for breakfast, I thought I'd start blogging here first. This is my second entry on 'work-at-home jobs'.

In my previous entry on the WAHJ, I blogged about 'phone related jobs'. Another WAHJ that has gained a lot of momentum within the last year or so is 'blogging'! Yes, this thing I am doing right now can also be a work-at-home job. A lot of people make a thousands of dollars a month doing paid blogging.

Paid blogging is a bit tricky though. To be able to get accepted to the paid blogging sites, your blog should at least be a month old and should have some relevant entries. Some sites on thee other hand require that the blog be at least 90 days or 3 months old. Aside from the 'blog age' requirement, your blog/s should also be indexed with Google and/or Yahoo.

Now for the tricky part. One of the most important, if not the most important, things for paid blogging is what is called Google 'Page Rank' or PR. Let me clarify though that I really HAVE NO IDEA how a Google PR is achieved. Different people have different theories. Personally, I am not convinced that there is really a solid basis for this PR that Google is letting the bloggers know. One thing I know though is that Google does not like paid blogging. It's kind of ironic for some. Why? Because a lot of the bloggers out there blog because they want to do some paid blogging someday. So they work their tails off to achieve a good page rank and get accepted by the paid blogging sites then BAM...their PR disappear soon after they start doing the paid blogging. And with the PR going down or disappearing altogether, a blogger's chance of getting higher paying opportunities will be very slim to none.

I still have a lot of things to learn about 'monetizing' my blog. Right now, I am just going with the flow and trying to learn the ropes so to speak. One thing I am hoping though is that the day comes when this so-called Google PR will not be the major factor in getting those higher paying opportunities.

There you have it. My take on another possible work-at-home job: Blogging.

No comments: