Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Decisions...decisions...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Working at home is something I have learned to love. I've been doing it for the last 6 years and if I have a choice, I will NOT exchange it for a job outside the house. But...

The past few weeks have been extremely slow as far as work flow is concerned. I'm certain that the economy has everything to do with it. We still get work every now and then but it usually lasts less than 4 hours.

There are thousands of WAHM/D/P like me. One company I work for has about a thousand independent contractors. That means that if that company releases work, there will be a thousand people trying to grab something. I personally don't waste my time if there's only very little work since it's just not worth the time and aggravation since it not only involves grabbing the work. We have to read manuals to be able to do it right.

But now that work is on 'hiatus', that means I am not also getting paid since I am an independent contractor. No work, no pay.

Should I start looking for something I can do outside the home? Or should I go ahead and look for other work at home opportunities? Both will be very hard...again, because of the economy. I don't even drive yet so that's another reason why I can't look for jobs outside the house.

I guess I'm stuck with looking for another WAHJ for now, eh?

How I wish our economy starts getting better instead of the other way around. Sigh...

No comments: