Saturday, January 16, 2010

TYLENOL Massive Recall....Please Read !


Not too long ago, I posted about a recall on Tylenol for Children/Infants. This time, the recall is for the ones that the adult population take.

I'm a Tylenol user so seeing this massive recall in the news is a bit alarming to me. I only use it when my headache or some pain just wouldn't go away resulting to me not being able to function and do some needed tasks online and/or off line. The bottle of Tylenol that we have was bought several months ago so I'm not even sure if I should worry about the recall. Benadrly allergy medicine is also in the list of recalled products but not the one I use daily.

What triggered the recall? Moldy smell that made some people sick. According to the FDA about 70 people have been reported to have gotten sick ranging from nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and stomach pains. I and my family have not experienced any of that so maybe the one we have is not included in the recall.

In case you have a bottle of Tylenol, Motrin or St. Joseph's aspirin in you medicine cabinet you should probably check if it has a moldy smell. If it smells, maybe you can dispose the bottle altogether. A full list of the medicines that are recalled can be found HERE. Take some time to check the list just to be on the safe side. It's better to be safe than sorry.

from: Yahoo News & McNeil Product Recall Site

No comments: