Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year!

It's 2010 ~ and it's been a while since I've updated this poor blog of mine. What can I say? BUSY, maybe? That's partly why but I can't say I'm THAT busy to ignore this blog. It's just poor time management on my part.

I wish I can say that I'll be better at managing my time this year but I'd rather not say that.

One of the things that a WAHM like me takes pride in being a WAHM is the flexibility of our schedule. That means I can do things at my own time in my own pace. It's what everybody wants, right? Flexibility. That's true to a certain degree. But there are times when I wish I don't have that much flexibility. Why? For one, I tend to disregard other things and concentrate only on some. Not good. The result? I have some unfinished chores here, there and everywhere.

I've been a WAHM for the last 7 years or so. In all those years, I've never really followed a schedule. The only schedule I follow is the one that involves family. No matter how busy [or lazy] I am, the little one's needs are always a priority...followed by the husband's and my needs. Work? That's where flexibility comes in. I work when I can. The downside...work is NOT always there waiting for me. By the time I'm done with the 'priorities', there is a big chance that work won't be there anymore. Sometime I feel bad that I am not able to earn some but that's how it is. The husband and I always say: Little One is the priority with a capital P...and that won't change for as long as we're around.

This year, I'll TRY to manage my time more efficiently. Hopefully, I'll be able to attend to things I neglected last year [like this BLOG] on a regular basis. I am also hoping that I will be able to start some things I should have started years ago. I won't be naming what those things are to keep me from humiliating myself if I won't push through with them again....haha.

That's it. No big new year "brouhaha resolutions" for me. The good thing about New Years...they always come no matter what. That means, we can always go back to making some 'new year's resolutions', right?

Happy New Year, everone! All the best in...


No comments: