Friday, January 8, 2010

Decade Past...Revisited

Has it really been 10 years since the so-called Y2K? I can barely remember the different 'horror' stories being circulated around that time but I can remember that it was all for NOTHING! I was still teaching in Taiwan when 1900 bid us goodbye. Year 1999, I remember spending the only Christmas I spent in that country which turned out to be one of the biggest regrets in my life. It was my mother's last Christmas with us and I chose to spend it away from her. Yep, a decision I would never forget...

As I start this new decade, I want to go back in the decade past and list 10 things that happened to me during the last 10 years ~ good & bad ~ which changed my life forever.

1) 2000 - ~ A year of mourning ~ Year 2000 saw me losing both my parents ~ just 4 months apart. Life changed drastically for me after their passing because my life revolved around them when they were still around. I was left with the question: What do I do now?

2) 2001 - ~ Hello, Love - Online ~ Meeting my other half....half across the world...thanks to technology! Early part of this paticular year, I met my now-husband online.

3) 2001 - ~ I do! ~ Marrying my other half. Yep, meeting online, meeting in person, meeting family & friends and marrying my husband all happened in the same year - in a span of 4 months...

4) 2002 - ~ A Child is Born! ~ Our child, that is. Welcoming our little angel. Exactly a year after 'meeting', the husband and I had our little bundle of joy.

5) 2002 - ~ WAHM Journey Begins ~. The same year our little one was born, I also started my journey of being a work at home mom. My first official 'WAHJ' was online tutoring which lasted for about 2 years. From there, my other work-at-home jobs came rolling in....

6) 2004 - ~ Home Sweet Home ~ Or is it? We decided to have our first family home built this year which turned out to be one of the biggest trials we would have as a family. The original builder of our dream home turned out to be crook who is now languishing in jail for ripping off 100+ families of hard-earned money.

7) 2007 - ~ Home Sweet Home, For Real ~ After the heartache, emotional roller coaster ride and financially draining experience we had with the crook builder, we finally decided to hire another contractor to build our home sweet home.

8) 2007 - ~ Hello Blogging! ~ After months of lurking in the blogging world aka "blogsphere", I finally decided to take the plunge and started my first blog. About 2 years+, I now have 2 other blogs, this one - WAHM Talks! & Pinay WAHM...plus another one I created for my high school batch in preparation for our just concluded Silver Jubilee.

9) 2008 - ~ GUILTY!!! ~ The year started with a bang for us....the builder who screwed us was sentenced to jail for 20 years! Justice is served!!!

10) 2008 - ~ Moving Day, At last! ~ The year we finally moved in to our very first family home. It only took 4 long years overcoming bumps along the way...but we made it.


Ten years is a long time. A lot of things had happened to me and my family during the past decade. The 10 I listed are just the ones I can come up with at the top of my head. Hopefully I was able to remember the most important ones. But who knows?? I'm an old lady already so pardon me if missed some important events in my life...hmmm...but then again, only me would know that, right? TOINK!!!

2 comments:

Beng Gee said...

Hello, J!

Grabe sa bilis ang panahon 'no? Pero mas grabe sa bilis si M! he he..Imagine in just few months of meeting you online, snatched ka nya agad at inuwi agad dyan sa U.S.!!
..at super bilis din si E dumating!
Nakakatuwa talaga! Mukhang nasa express delivery ang lahat. Ang saya!

Ako naman, I thought I won't live to see the year 2K when I was dignosed in 1992. Now, few years na lang, dual citizen na. ha ha ha!

We are truly blessed! Thank God!

Nova said...

OH YEA...it reminds me of the incoming 2012 year, what's gonna happen next.....