Saturday, April 19, 2008

WAHM Job Part III

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took a while before I was able to update this blog. It was just a busy few weeks for me that is why. I have been blogging a lot and doing my other work as well...which is known as Coding. It's not as busy as it was a few years ago but I'm just glad that I am able to make a few bucks here and there. Anyway, this brings me to the next WAH job that I have been doing for a few years now...about 5 years.

So what is Coding? It's basically Data Entry....and it's one of the most sought after jobs in the work-at-home or telecommuting industry. A lot of people can probably do this but not everyone can get into it because of stiff competition. If anything, luck is usually what's needed to get ones foot in the "Coding industry" door.

So how did I get in? Luck like I said. When I started looking for a work-at-home job, I applied to almost all of the coding companies. I even got scammed once....yes, just once. I fell for those "pay a one-time $15 Fee for Training Materials" scams that are all over the net. I though just like any other job seekers out there are thinking. It's only $15 so it's not a lot money...but can you imagine if at least 5 people fall for it a day? That would be $75 a day and there's a big chance that most of these people won't bother get their money back because....yes, it's only $15. Not me though...as soon as I got the so called 'training materials', I knew right away that it's a scam. What did I do? I filed a dispute with PayPal and thankfully, they refunded my money.

Okay before I get any further, let me explain first what's in the 'training material' first. Usually, this training material would come in an email as an attachment. It's about 20 pages [possibly even more] of instructions...on how to convince other to pay $15 or even more for that same 'training material'. Yes, it's recycled over and over and over again. I bet that same material is still in existence up until today...and there are still a lot of innocent people desperate for a work-at-home job who are falling for it.

Back to Coding and how I got into it. Like I mentioned luck was on my side. You see a big coding company, originally called as Onsite but is now known as Onsite3, did massive hiring back in 2002. Since I had an active application with them, I was one of those they called. I took the test and passed...the rest is history as they say.

After getting hired by Onsite3, it was easier to get in the other companies. Most of the other companies require experience that's why. Right now I work for 2 other companies aside from Onsite3. One is very new while the other has been in business for a while and have been bought out recently. I am not listing their names simply because they don't have any opening right now. One company I used to work for is called Cypher but they ceased operation at the end of October 2007 unfortunately. There are others that also closed down.

Right now it's been very slow in the Coding industry. The new company hasn't had work for the last few weeks while Onsite3 releases small projects every now and then. Only one has been having work for the last couple of weeks.

That's about it. Maybe one day I will be able to post here when one of the companies I'm working is hiring.

1 comment:

Vhiel said...

wow, that was a very good information there atchi juls...

working at home is good kasi you dont have to commute kaso nga lang lagi ka na lang din sa bahay.. hehehe