Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Time Management

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Or the lack thereof. I tried to limit my blog hopping today because I wanted to take some break. I still did some hopping...mostly 'hit backs' to those who came to visit my PinayWAHM blog.

I have been a very active blogger. It's just the way I am. Whenever I commit on doing something, I will really try my very best to honor the commitment and blogging is no exception.

Being a WAHM has its pros and cons just like any job that is done outside of the home. One of the cons is probably the tendency to mismanage time. Unfortunately, I am guilty of this. I don't think that I am even trying hard enough to manage my time so I could be very productive. I already attempted to do this once...take some time off since I came to a conclusion that a lot of things are being neglected because I stay in front of the computer pretty much all the time. But it only lasted for a day or two. After that, I'm back where I started.

So how do I change this? I honestly don't know. I stayed away from the computer as much as I could the whole day today but I did not really do anything productive. I just watched TV and did my usual chores. Tomorrow is laundry as well as cleaning day for me so I would be on and off again. But what I really want is that 'solid' schedule that I can follow pretty much everyday.

The problem is: Isn't flexibility one of the perks of being a WAHM? I surely think so. So now here I am still at a loss on what to do with this dilemma of mine. Oh well....I guess I'll try to come up with a plan someday.

2 comments:

BongFlo said...

hi juls, dito naman ako bisita ngayon... this post reminds of my early years working for a publications company wherein i get to spend practically the WHOLE DAY in front of a computer. true, being WAHM affords you the luxury of time, just a question of management though. but for you to really get off the pc is to go do something which bring you out of the house, which i did when it became boring for me already. try doing different jobs that will require you to stay away literally from the computer. ang mahirap dyan is baka dumating yung time na you'll feel na its getting too mechanical na. yan ang nagyari sa akin nuon. so i tried to dabble in business and up until now, has been our bread & butter for the past 14 years. miss the computer though thats why i got into blogging. feeling ko kasi nabobobo na ko doing the same thing year in and year out so i try other stuff as well from time to time just so it wont get that boring. when i got into blogging, i resolved that i would only post something when i need to and when i feel like it, parang wala masyadong commitment, i have other priorities din naman and that most often gets in the way to spending alot of time in front of the pc. so there... have a blessed week ahead and may the good Lord arrange your schedules for this week and in the weeks to come. gotta go! ciao!

BongFlo said...

visit this site: http://zenhabits.net/2008/09/11-refreshing-ways-to-bring-out-the-awesomeness-in-life/