Monday, April 29, 2013

Warning....Updating....

I haven't been keeping up to my 'promise' [more to myself] of updating this blog at least once a week when I decided to resurrect it from limbo. I can come up with lots and lots of excuses as to why that is but I would just be kidding myself mostly...since I'm the only one probably reading this blog...haha.

Anyway, I haven't been myself lately...at least in the last couple of weeks. I've just been pretty occupied with myself I guess. I know...selfish, right? But that's the way it is. Whether we admit it or not, it happens to the best of us. I'm not sure if that's selfish or not but it's a reality. But I'm almost over that 'hump'. I guess I blew off some steam over the weekend. I was just very b**chy for some reason. I snapped at everything. I tried to stay away from everyone and just did what I felt was going to help to blow off some steam which included walking on the Mobia for about an hour. It sure did help because after taking a shower following that walk, I fell asleep. After that I somehow felt a little bit normal again. I stopped being a 'snapping turtle'. Hopefully I'll start feeling like myself again over the course of this week. It's just not me to be this way.

I have a good friend who went through a major surgery last week. She's been in my mind a lot eversince she told me about her decision to go through this major surgery. I know she's a strong person and her faith is so big that she'll breeze through this major hurdle with no problems. She was upbeat when I last spoke with her so I know she's going to be fine. But with that being said, I can't help but think about a lot of things. Mortality for one. We really can't tell where life's going to take us. One day we seem to have it all. Then something happens and it shakes us to the core. I'm just glad that this friend of mine has what it takes to weather this storm...her faith. I just wish I can check on her but I know she's still trying to get better since it hasn't been a week yet. I'm itching to give her a call but I won't because I'd rather she takes it easy and rest. Luckily she has all the support she needs because aside from her hubby, she's also surrounded by loved ones who traveled thousands of miles to be with her. Hoping and praying she's mending pretty well. I know she is....positive thinking!

No comments: