Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Neglected but...

...not forgotten!

I can't remember how many times I tried to update this blog in the past several weeks but I always come up short. Sigh....

So what gives? Not quite sure, honestly. I know I am not THAT busy. I guess it's just my being lazy most of the time. Not a good thing since I have a responsibility to update this blog at least once a week or even once a month. I guess my blog's title of "Wahm Talks!" is not apt anymore. Maybe I should just change it to something more appropriate like 'Wahm Sleeps'?

Anyway, since it's been almost 2 months since the last time I updated this blog, I have a gazillion things to write about. Where to start? How about from the beginning, maybe?

April: Birthday! There is only ONE important event [for my family anyway] this month. It's the little one's birthday. Yep, my baby has turned another year older this month. Just like her other birthdays, we celebrated it as a family. I had a doctor's appointment on that day. Dad decided to take the day off and we spent it running errands. We were out most of the day but we had a great time because we rarely have the time to do that now. Aside from our day out, we also had the 'traditional' ice cream & cake and opening of gifts.

May: Mother's Day! The little one likes to celebrate in her own little way so anything on the calendar that's marked is worth celebrating to her and Mother's Day is definitely one of those 'celebrations'. Normally, she and Dad go out together to find me a gift. They've been doing that since she was around 4. Before that, Dad would get something and just asked her to give it to me. This year though, we did something different for this day. We went GO-CARTING! It was my first time to be on the 'wheels' of a go-cart. Hubby thinks it's the closest I can get to driving a real car. After the go-cart escapades, we decided to hit some balls...in the miniature golf they had in the amusement park. After golf, we let the little one play in the arcade for a few...then we headed home.

All in all, both events turned out pretty well. We diverted from the 'norm' [here] and it proved to be great fun. Maybe next year we can also think of doing something different to celebrate. In the meantime, the little one is waiting for the next 'event' which is Father's Day. I am hoping I can blog about that much earlier than I blogged the last 2 events.

No comments: