Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Weather

... is the best!! To me anyway.

The weather was great the past several days prior to yesterday. It rained cats and dogs yesterday afternoon until early this morning that's why. BUT...that's only for half a day yesterday so all is good because today, it's GORGEOUS out there once again.

As I stated in my post before this one, I AM NOW TRYING to focus more on the good things more than the bad things. It's actually easier to do the opposite but why dampen your good spirit with one bad [weather] day amidst all the sunshiny days we've been having around here, right?

This weekend, the husband was also able to take a full day's off after months of working like a horse. He's been working 16-hour days [sometimes longer], 7 days a week so yesterday was very much welcome & needed. We took advantage of his day off by spending family time in one of the mini-golf course attractions not too far from where we live. It's our second time to do that and we all had a blast. The first time we did, I didn't participate. Kill-joy me, eh? But I'm a KJ no more because I joined in the putt-putt yesterday. Hep-hep-hurray! Hubby kept on saying: I really enjoyed that! Tee-hee...

Aside from the mini-golf 'tourney', we also did some mining where we collected 'jewels' [ semi-precious stones - from a bag of dirt] the old fashion way....shaking off the dirt in water to look for that oh-so precious stone. Evertime there's a colored stone, the little one would blurt out: We're rich! Umm..not quite baby. She really enjoyed the mining tremendously that we're now thinking of doing it for real...going to a real mine-site either the one in North Carolina or Arkansas. That would be FUN, FUN, FUN....so I'm crossing my fingers that we can do that one day.

1 comment:

JonaBQ said...

mining...something new for a family bonding.

belated Happy Mother's Day Mommy Jules!

A Time To Weep and A Time To Laugh

Heartifying!