Thursday, October 1, 2009

Earthquake...Tsunami....Typhoon...Flooding

I know that a lot of people are in really bad situation because of all that's happening brought about by the different calamities that took place within days of each other. Those affected by the massive flooding in the Philippines have not even recovered yet when the news about the tsunami in the Samoas came. A day after the tsunami, a magnitude 8.0 earthquake in Indonesia occurred. Because of all these, I can't help but think...

Is Mother Nature telling us something? I'm sure I'm not the one thinking this. Or am I?

One of the things I do on a daily basis is browse the internet for the latest news. The news in the past couple of years have been full of the economic crisis that the world is facing. The past few days though, it seems that the crisis has been taking a back seat giving way to all the devastating effects these natural calamities have causing.

As I am writing this, the Philippines is again bracing for another typhoon. They are labeling it as a super typhoon. The worst part is, it seems to be taking the same path that Ondoy took. I am hoping and praying that this latest typhoon changes direction because those who got hit the hardest by Ondoy can't take another devastation. It's just WAY too soon.

1 comment:

Ciela said...

I;m sure you can see that it's not totally over yet. It is said that it might be wet Christmas for many. It's really sad. Anyway, sandali lang naman ang Christmas e. Lilipas lang din yun. (para sa 'kin lang naman. Lol!)